Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Games Galore!!!!

Yes the Chinese new year holidays had arrived. I was thankful for the long break and even more so for the extra day that we had gotten for the great 'o' level results. Afetr finishing all my homework I was ready to enjoy Chinese New Year. I didn't need to go visiting like most of my other Chinese friends. Sadly I don't get ant hong bao either. While contemplating my next move in the pursuit of enjoyment I received a call from my cousin who lived a few blocks away. It seemed that his PS2(playstation 2 for those non-gamers) was spilt and that he was giving away all his games for free.

Yes they were being given for free! Imagine that over 30 games for free! Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! No need to waste money to buy games. Yes they were all free. I know I seem to be repeating myself but it's not often that you get over 40 PS2 games for free. Let me say it once more. Freeeeeeeeeeee! No time to waste I rushed over to his house eager to get all those free games. He led me into his room and opened his cabinet which contained thousands(Okay maybe not thousands but who cares?) of PS2 games! Freeeeeeeeeeee!

Like a starving child being given food I grabbed every game I saw and stuffed them into a bag I had brought greedily. I didn't pause to look at which game I was taking. As long as they were all free! I guess rushing for free stuff is a quality that makes us uniquely Singaporean. After taking all the games my cousin also gave me his two controllers free! Absolutely Freeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The next few hours were spent trying out the games. Something I enjoy doing. I had many great titles such as Need for Speed ProStreet, GTA San Andres, Princ of Persia and GTA Vce City Stories. All for Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I think that was one of the best days in my life. I do hope someone else gives me something free in the near future. All I can do is wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment